Friday, August 6, 2010

Oregon Road Trip - CHEESE FACTORY AND NEWPORT

We were off again to Newport and this was the first time we had the chance to go for a long walk along the beach. The sky was blue but the winds were blowing like mad and they were quite cold. Our hotel was on the waters front and it was beautiful.

That evening in Newport was the 4th of July and we went to the bridge in the town, where everyone gathered, and watched a beautiful fireworks display. What a sight it was from way up high. I forgot my camera so this picture is from my phone. The next day we traveled to the cheese factory and we enjoyed a 3 cheese Jalapeno sandwich. It was the best we had ever had. We had wonderful ice cream and the stopped to take our pictures at this beautiful display they had inside the store.
A nice young man offered to take our picture together for us and when he had I said (not meaning it in a bad way) " Ok do you want me to do you now?" His face turned red and I had to rephrase that by saying, "Sorry, would you like me to take your picture now?" We laughed so hard because Tom and I were in our leathers and the whole situation was so funny. They guy turned red and I'm glad he laughed also. So did the girl with him.

No comments: